African Centre for Supply Chain
The Unveiling of the 2017 Nigerian logistics and Supply Chain Industry Report, Excellence Awards and investiture /induction ceremony of members.
Some Pictures from the just concluded 2017 unveiling of the Nigerian logistics and Supply Chain Industry Report, Excellence Awards and investiture /induction ceremony of members, held on December 7 at Protea Hotel, Ikeja.
About ACSC in Brief
African Centre for Supply Chain was launched in 2011 with the aim of building a strong continental advocacy platform for logistics & supply chain with focus on Africa. It is a research based organization aiming to build knowledge & proffer solutions within its core competence and allied areas of influence.
Corporate Membership: These are corporate entities engaged in logistics and supply chain management.
Fellows: This is an honorary award given to logistics and supply chain industry stakeholders of About 20 years industry experience, with notable industry achievements and special recognition.
Full Membership: These are logistics and supply chain professionals with above 5-10 years industry experience OR with relevant professional qualifications – B.Sc, M.Sc, MBA, CILT, CIPS, CICM.
Associate Member: They fall into the category of people with 3 – 5 years industry experience OR with relevant qualifications
Student Membership: This allows people with 0—3 years experience with no qualifications OR Students/Graduates with zero experience.
Our Views to making an Impact
To be a world class research, learning and advocacy platform for the promotion of knowledge and excellence in the practice of logistics and Supply Chain Management in Africa.
To build a strong continental advocacy platform for logistics & supply chain with focus on Africa.
– Strengthening the position of Nigerian export-import in traditional markets and expanding exports of Nigerian products and services to new markets.
– Developing Nigerian exports and assisting companies in enhancing their competitive advantage to meet international standards of quality and price.
– Exploiting the use of information technology in helping Nigerian exporters and importers.
– Establishing specialized service centers to support priority sectors.
– To promote professional development of logistics and supply chain management
– To serve as a centre for its members and parties interested in logistics and supply chain management
– To serve as a resource centre and focal point that demonstrably position Nigeria as regional logistics and trans-shipment hub
– To advance, study and disseminate techniques and applications on logistics and supply chain management
– To continuously develop excellence in research and thereby contribute to the development of the research field
– To closely cooperate with firms and organizations and take active part in their development of supply chain
– To contribute to excellence in teaching in the field of logistics and supply chain management in Nigeria and beyond
To achieve recognition of academics and practitioners for their contribution to the field.